Sunday, July 12, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
I graduate nursing school...finally
who is the girl in the picture? Good question...try googling nurse and see how many pictures of skanky girls in nurses uniform you get, apparently the search results for "nurse" is girls with big boobs dressed up as nurses ...she was the only decent one.
3 weeks from today
Comes home (yes again)
3 1/2 weeks from today
In 22 weeks (yes I realize this is a ways away)...
Rich and I do this
And anyday now I might lose my mind!
Who doesn't have a busy life these days but Rich and I did a pretty awesome job at cramming 12 million important things all into one year. But all joking aside it's going to be the best year.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Rich took me hand gun shooting on a small arms range which was a great time....apparently Rich collects guns like a kid collects stuffed animals I knew we had atleast 2 hang guns in the house but when Rich was getting the guns ready for our outing he pulled out this giant black bag with all kinds of man toys inside --for a second I thought it had to be illegal to own that many guns! I had no idea we packed so much heat in our house! Intruders Beware!
We had Superbowl Sunday at our good friend's house (Joe & McKayle)....
And lastly we thoroughly enjoyed this Saturday Night Live clip from last weekend...not that I am am condoning smoking marijuana but REALLY?!?! funny funny (there is a short 10 sec commercial before the clip so be patient:) and until I get more "computer smart" you have to click on the link to see it I have no idea how to transfer the video dierectly onto my blog???
Monday, January 12, 2009
So Rich and I played around with the baby maker website from Harm's blog... hours later after I had peed my pants and Rich could barely breathe (from laughter) we still ended up with a hideous child and have decided to postpone our baby making days. I mean look at the kid!!! How did his ears end up on his neck?!?! The white babies were turning out so ugly we decided to make black babies, asian babies, even some latino ones....no luck... and Rich has decided that he wants someone else to carry his child because seriously it's pretty bad when you don't even think your own kid is cute. All in all it makes for a good laugh and plan on spending hours playing with it!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I might have a secret!!!!! SHHHHHHH I'm DYING to tell but I can't, not yet anyway, but I atleast had to say the word secret to keep me from spilling my guts. I will tell soon....
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Went to DC Improv and saw Flip Orley. He is hypnotist, comedian and he is such a good time!Nothing like watching a bunch of strangers make complete fools of themselves! For those who don't believe in hypnosis, go see him...you will believe!!
You are all wondering what Mac N Cheese has to do with what I have been doing....two words....COMFORT FOOD! I really don't know what my problem is lately, but I do have a problem. I cannot get enough of this cheesy deliciousness. I can't tell you how bad it sucks to make dinner for one person! This blue box never lets me down! I think i'll go make some now.....
Counting down the days, hours and seconds for Rich to get home!!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
3. Girls nights... Obviously I couldn't have a date night right now even if I wanted to, but really-- aren't girls nights close to being the best thing ever!? I hate to say that its been easier having Rich gone, but there is nothing like a girls night out (or a girls night in) to help take your mind off of the stresses in life. I am so blessed to have such amazing women/girls in my life both here in VA and of course my favorite girls back home reading this... Harms I would give my right arm to have a girls night with you right now! I would be lost without each of you in my life! xoxoxo
4. The song from the preview Pineapple Express, its called Paper Planes by M.I.A., it is not anything that I would ever listen to before or like anything you would find on my IPOD but I dare you to listen to it and not break out in dance, its the most random song with random lyrics and sound effects but something about it just gets me... After the first minute I'm tired of it but the beginning makes you wanna shake something.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
So I am on my 2nd round of deployments and we are already into our 2nd week so things are movin' and I'm feeling motivated! There's a little saying in the Marine Corps that as the woman you need to make it through atleast one deployment with your man in order to really test your relationship and that it truly reflects your integrity and dedication to eachother. blah blah blah, but after going through one I really see the importance of it--and as hard as it was at times, I survived, we survived and we are better because of it. Hopefully after this one I will not only survive but I will get something shiny out of it!
So I was tagged like a year ago with the husband tag--I'm not sure if I technically qualify to do this tag, but he is close enough right? so.....
How long have you been married? Not married but been together for 4 years and been living together for 2 1/2 years which is just as hard AND wonderful as being married! It will happen someday, for now we are just fine...really.
How old is your hubby? Rich will forever be 29, for those of you who know him, this is not me dodging the question this is the truth.
Who eats more?.....depends on what we are eating, Rich can definitely put down some food, but he is no match to me with some oreos and milk!
Who said I love you first? Rich started saying something crazy like, " I love your snacks" and I'd be like, You love my what?!? and he would just smile and say you know what I love....but being the woman I insisted that I had no idea what that meant (even though I did I just wanted him to say the real thing not something gay like my freaking snacks!) so eventually I won, and he definitely said it first. But I quickly quickly followed!
Who is taller? He is. Thank goodness, not sure I could date a smaller/shorter guy. Is that mean?
Who sings better? Rich thinks he sings better....and to be honest he does sing better.
Who is smarter? Hmmmm we are smart in different areas, Rich can't spell to save his life or my life for that matter, so I definitely wouldn't nominate him for the spelling bee, but one thing I love about him is that he will suprise me with new things that he is actually really smart on and I had no idea he even knew about. He is street smart and book smart, I'm mostly book smart, but that's why I have him around so I can ask him questions! Together we can figure anything out--even Ry's math homework which can suprisingly be hard!
Who controls the TV remote?.....we have had this battle many times but there are nights when we both are interested in the same thing like the Hills haha! But on nights where I want to watch HGTV and he wants to watch something with motorcylces or something manly we compromise and switch off. But I think deep down he loves HGTV.....
Whose temper is worse? Rich is as patient as they come, which is awesome for me because I need all the patience I can get. I'll get mad real quick but get over it just as fast, if something really upsets rich he lingers on it, but that doesn't happen very often.
Who does the laundry? Will someone please explain to Rich that the laundry is not done just because you put it in the dryer!!!!! You still have to fold it!! He will take clothes out of the dryer put them in the basket and by the time I get around to folding them they need to be dryed again because they are so wrinkled! He definitely tries to help and for that I give him credit, he will start loads and I appreciate that, but all in all I do it.
Who does the dishes? We share this job, Rich hates having dishes in the sink so he helps out with dishes all the time. I love that. I clean the rest of the kitchen for sure though.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep furthest away from the door, I have a phobia about that, but there are nights, occasionally that we will swap just to change it up. Wierd huh? Mostly because our mattress sucks and I get tired of sinking in to the middle of the bed. Time for a new mattress.
Who cooks dinner? RICH RICH RICH!! I do breakfast, he loves to cook, he will get so excited about a really good recipe and did I mention he likes the food network? Yup! I'm sure he appreciates that I just shared that! He cooks I clean. We both work and go to school so it's only fair to split it up.
Who is more stubborn? Me for sure. no question. Im trying to be better though.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? ummmm probably him, that stubbornness of mine can be a B%$^#. We both hate to fight though I don't think we have ever had a fight last more than a couple hours. We forget why we were even mad.
Whose parents do you see most? mine
Who has more friends? Alot of our friends are couples, and we both have friends from back home so that makes it pretty equal, I stay in touch and talk with my friends more than he does though.
Who has more siblings? If you count my step and half siblings we are equal. He has two brothers and a sister, I have two sisters and a brother.
Who wears the pants? I DO! He knows I am the final decision maker, maybe I need to not be so opinionated. We definitely talk things through together and make important decisions together but for the most part I just decide because I am a little bossy. ok maybe alot bossy. not proud of it though.
Monday, June 9, 2008
1. BOTH boys got some virus possible strep and I had to miss work to stay home with them. Never fun to use your vacation days for things other than vacation.
2. Rich's motorcyle had to get some work done on it and the day we went to pick it up from the shop ($470 dollars later) he pulled out and got to the first stop light, not only did it break down again but he ran over a nail and we had to replace a $300 tire. OUCH!
3. So I ordered the tire online because they said it would be delivered next day--10 days later I finally get the tire. I called and complained about their false advertising. Still didn't get my refund.
4. I paid our mortagae payment online and somehow they processed it TWICE, ok that wouldn't be a big deal if it was like a utility payment or something small, but it was our mortagage people! And I found out when Rich went to put gas in the car and it declined his card--so he called me.......ummmm Britt why is there no money in our account??
5. We took the boat out with some friends and got caught in a lightning tornado storm and almost died.
6. On that same trip I left my cell phone in the car thinking it was a nice safe place for it, but some idiot (me) left the sunroof open and it rained of course (hence the tornado/lightning) and my phone was floating in the cup holder.
7. I took it to Verizon and they told me all they had in stock was a bright pink version of it--I could take that one or wait a week to get a black one. I told them that if I wanted the pink one I would've bought the pink one in the first place and that they could take my $5.00/mo I pay for insurance and shove it if they didn't get me the same phone I already had. The poor guy at Verizon didn't deserve my attitude by any means but at this point I had reached my max.
8. Then I woke up with a tick in my thigh!! Who wakes up with a tick in their thigh unless they are on a mountain somewhere?!? We figured out that the dogs brought them into our room. so nice.
9. And the latest and greatest was the other day when my front tooth started turning gray so I took a trip to the dentist to discover that I had fractured my front tooth somehow and need a root canal and possible veneer, I didn't mind that so much---until my little sister called me lauging hysterically saying, So mom said you have to get dentures?
oh and Rich leaves Saturday for Afghanistan again....I need a hug from someone--anyone!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
We had a wonderful memorial day weekend...But I think if I have to eat another hot dog or hamburger I will lose my marbles. By the 17th BBQ you are thinkin'...havent we done this every day since Thursday?!?! Ok I know I exaggerate but I feel like we had a BBQ for breakfast lunch and dinner all weekend.
Out here in DC, the big thing on Memorial Weekend is "Rolling Thunder" which is an event founded by Vietnam Vets in order to celebrate not only soldiers who lost their lives in wars but also Prisoners of War Missing in Action. Over 750,000 people and over 500,000 (yes HALF A MILLION) motorcycles gather in the pentagon parking lot Sunday morning to ride in their honor. They call it Rolling Thunder because when all of the motorcylces ride the whole city sounds like thunder (duh).
It is a HUGE event, even for those who are not military or who do not own a bike. They raise money and donate to all types of charities. It really is a wonderful and overwhelming day to be apart of when you stop to think of its cause and what it represents. Sure we are very biased being that us and all of our friends are military and own motorcycles...but I would put this event on anyone's checklists of things to do in life. You will not be disappointed. Here are somes pics from our weekend!! Good food, good friends, great weekend! Hope everyone had a good one!
Just because we are bikers doesn't mean we look like this. Looks are very deceiving, he was as nice as could be.
Rich got a new hat and thinks he is Indiana Jones now. Back off ladies he is all mine.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
We expect these people to run their own country yet they can't even do a damn jumping jack! Incredible.