Don't you ever feel like when one thing goes wrong everything comes crashing down? Ok maybe I'm exaggerating because I am in the heat of the moment now, but after reading Ash's blog the other day about her day at the post office I felt like the last two weeks of my life have been just like that! Only I didn't even get to pee my pants! I'm seriously going to list everything that has gone wrong for us.....not for your pity just to VENT!
1. BOTH boys got some virus possible strep and I had to miss work to stay home with them. Never fun to use your vacation days for things other than vacation.
2. Rich's motorcyle had to get some work done on it and the day we went to pick it up from the shop ($470 dollars later) he pulled out and got to the first stop light, not only did it break down again but he ran over a nail and we had to replace a $300 tire. OUCH!
3. So I ordered the tire online because they said it would be delivered next day--10 days later I finally get the tire. I called and complained about their false advertising. Still didn't get my refund.
4. I paid our mortagae payment online and somehow they processed it TWICE, ok that wouldn't be a big deal if it was like a utility payment or something small, but it was our mortagage people! And I found out when Rich went to put gas in the car and it declined his card--so he called me.......ummmm Britt why is there no money in our account??
5. We took the boat out with some friends and got caught in a lightning tornado storm and almost died.
6. On that same trip I left my cell phone in the car thinking it was a nice safe place for it, but some idiot (me) left the sunroof open and it rained of course (hence the tornado/lightning) and my phone was floating in the cup holder.
7. I took it to Verizon and they told me all they had in stock was a bright pink version of it--I could take that one or wait a week to get a black one. I told them that if I wanted the pink one I would've bought the pink one in the first place and that they could take my $5.00/mo I pay for insurance and shove it if they didn't get me the same phone I already had. The poor guy at Verizon didn't deserve my attitude by any means but at this point I had reached my max.
8. Then I woke up with a tick in my thigh!! Who wakes up with a tick in their thigh unless they are on a mountain somewhere?!? We figured out that the dogs brought them into our room. so nice.
9. And the latest and greatest was the other day when my front tooth started turning gray so I took a trip to the dentist to discover that I had fractured my front tooth somehow and need a root canal and possible veneer, I didn't mind that so much---until my little sister called me lauging hysterically saying, So mom said you have to get dentures?
oh and Rich leaves Saturday for Afghanistan again....I need a hug from someone--anyone!!